We made it to 2022 and are just days away from our first competition!! Here is your list of updates:
1. Sub orders will be delivered to Camp Hill Sports Center (CHSC) THIS SUNDAY (1/9) at 11:00AM and will be available for pick up all day long.
2. The annual Pre-MLK Scrimmage is also THIS SUNDAY 1/9.
– The schedule of play is attached here Note that the times are different than normal practice times-
– We will have a lot of people at the event (especially during crossover periods) and Monkey Joes will have parties so we are requesting that Fusion VBC players/families/coaches park across the street to alleviate parking concerns even if it appears that there are spots available in the lot. We appreciate your help in this regard.
– Full concession stand will be available throughout the day (muffins, coffee, snacks, pizza, hot dogs, pretzel sandwiches, drinks, etc)
– There is $5 per person spectator fee to cover cost of the scrimmage event at CHSC. Each Fusion VBC player will get 2 FREE spectator entries.
– Spectator masking is recommended for any unvaccinated individuals. If you are not feeling well, please consider staying home and/or masking in the facility.
– There will be some limited bleacher seating but families can bring chairs as well.
– PLEASE NOTE: this scrimmage will be somewhat casual and coaches will be playing with lineups, positions, etc and not necessarily looking for match WINS. There will be no “Officials” and we are just preparing for our first tourney next weekend.
3. The Fusion VBC apparel room will be open if anyone is looking to purchase additional gear. We will have some of the extra player warmups available for purchase and also extra spandex in various sizes (hard to find elsewhere). Apparel purchases are cash or check only.
4. Players will receive their spandex and one of their jerseys this week and another next week. Teams do not need to wear jerseys this weekend.
5. MLK Kickoff Tourney information will be available on Monday night/Tuesday morning and I will pass it along as soon as it is available. As of this morning, there are NO LIMITS on spectators for this event.
6. We had our first Sports Psychology session that discussed focus/concentration. Please be sure to ask your daughters about what they learned. I have attached the Focus Workshop slides and notes from Dr. Lally. Check them out and if you have any questions, please feel free to let me know and I can put you in contact with Dr. Lally to discuss.
We are soooo excited to get the season underway. We will see you on Sunday!